Polkton is a small town in Anson County, North Carolina (pop. 3,303 in 2013). Polkton is located along US Hwy 74 seven miles west of Wadesboro and about one hour east of Charlotte, NC.
Polkton began as the farm of Colonel Leonidas Lafayette Polk, the noted agrarian crusader. Founder L.L. Polk (1837-1892) laid out the streets for the town in 1870 and Polkton was incorporated in 1875. See About Polkton and About Our Town Founder for more details on L.L. Polk and the town's history.
- The Town Hall Lobby has reopened to the public. You can still make payments over the phone and through the new walkup transaction window during normal business hours if you choose to not enter the building. There is a drop box located under front window for drop off payments or payments made after hours.
- Annual Polkton Fun Day will be October 21, 2023 from 11am-5pm. Trunk or treat to follow at the Mayors Park walking trail from 5:30-6:30pm.
- Current Water Quality Report (go to Reports / Forms page)
- Current Utility Rates (go to Reports / Forms page)
- The public is invited to join us to help shape the future of the Town of Polkton, NC in the development of a Land Use Plan
The Town of Polkton, North Carolina is holding a Community Input Meeting to gather ideas and thoughts from residents and stakeholders on where and how Polkton should grow in the future. The Town of Polkton, with the help of Uwharrie Planners, is working to draft a 2045 Land Use Plan. The Land Use Plan is a critical part of Polkton’s development, planning and zoning process. The Plan, if adopted and implemented, will require occasional updates to keep up with community changes and needs for the future, and to facilitate growth in a way that keeps Polkton a safe and vibrant place to live, work, play, and conduct business. Your attendance is extremely importan.
The Community Input meeting will be held at the Polkton Fire Department located at 61 West Polk Street, Polkton, NC 28135 on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 at 6:00 pm -7:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT NUMBERS AND LINKS:
In case of Emergency, call 911.
Polkton Town Hall 704-272-7463
Town of Polkton Police Department
35 W. Polk Street, Polkton, NC 28135
Town of Polkton Volunteer Fire Department
61 W. Polk Street, Polkton, NC 28135
Anson County Sheriff's Department
119 N. Washington Street, Wadesboro, NC 28170
Crime Stoppers: 704-695-3111